Step 1: Be Admitted/被录取
- You will receive a packet from admissions with your I-20 or DS-2019 from Iowa State University! This will come via postal service, not electronically.
- This step must be completed as soon as possible. This includes a $330 acceptance fee.
- For more information: Accept Offer of Admission
- If you are a first-time applicant for an F-1 (I-20) or J-1 visa (DS-2019), you are required to pay a SEVIS fee before your visa interview.
- For more information: http://www.fmjfee.com/
- After steps 1 and 3 are completed, apply for a U.S. visa at the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate.
- For more Information: Student and Exchange Visitors Visas
- 更多信息请访问：Student and Exchange Visitors Visas
- You can arrive up to 30 days prior to the program start date. Program start date can be found in item #5 of your Form I-20 or item #3 of your Form DS-2019.
- ISSO recommends you arrive 3-4 days prior to your program start date.
- If you plan to arrive at Des Moines International Airport in Iowa (or other nearby airports), you will still need to make travel arrangements to get from the airport to Ames, Iowa.
- Review information about airport transportation: Airport Transportation
- 机场的交通信息请访问：Airport Transportation
- You may choose to live on or off campus. For more information about housing, click here.
- Student.com: http://t.cn/RIVqz11
- Review the information about health documentation requirements: International Student Health Requirements.
- 学生需要提交健康文件。更多信息请访问：International Student Health Requirements
- This test is required for all undergraduate students. We recommend you take this before you arrive.
- For more information: Aleks Math Placement Test
- 更多信息请访问：Aleks Math Placement Test
- Place the following in your carry-on luggage: passport, Form I-20 or Form DS-2019, admission letter, and financial support documentation.
- Tuition for the Fall Semester is due August 20th, Spring Semester is due January 20th, and Summer Semester is due on May 20th.
- You can pay all at once or make monthly payments (more information here).
- 可以一起付或者按月付(more information here)
- You can pay with an American bank account or an international bank account. Here is a YouTube video with more instructions on how to pay your u-bill.
- International student orientation for Fall 2014 will begin on Monday, August 18 for undergraduate and graduate students, and Wednesday, August 20 for Non-degree students. The orientation will end on Friday, August 22.
- If you are a graduate student and will arrive at ISU early, please make a reservation for early check-in by calling our office 515.294.1120
All the contents are taken from the ISSO website and translated into Chinese. 最后一次更新时间为2014秋季